We all deal with anxiety, but is worrying ever helpful? 🤔 Join Pastor Rick as he provides biblically-based secrets to overcoming fear and finding God’s peace in this encouraging episode of the Faith Life Podcast. Journey through Philippians 4:6-7 and discover why thanksgiving and prayer lead to tranquility in our souls.
Do you tend to be a chronic worrier? Learn three practical principles about how struggles can show us our need for God. See why fretting reveals a distrust in God’s control and a lack of spiritual perspective.
If you continually deal with turbulence in your mind and heart, this podcast is for you! Gain insight into the antidote for turbulence that comes through trusting prayer. Listen now and find confidence, hope and stability by applying these timeless truths from Scripture.
You’ll be sure to walk away from this episode with truth and grace to defeat anxiety through Christ!
- What are some regular worries or fears you deal with? Can anyone relate?
- Why do you think being thankful in hardship is so difficult? How can thanksgiving direct us to God?
- Have you seen God bring unexpected good from a bad circumstance? How did He use suffering for growth?
- What does it look like practically to “let your requests be made known to God”? Try this!
- How can memorizing and meditating on Philippians 4:6-7 this week help you defeat anxiety?