In this sermon, Pastor Rick Vannoy dives into the theme “What’s the Catch?”, focusing on the call to become ‘fishers of men’. Through an exploration of the Gospel of Mark, he connects the ancient call of the disciples with our modern mission to share God’s love. This sermon is for anyone looking to deepen their understanding of their faith and how to live it out in the world today.
Discussion Questions for Small or Online Groups:
- How does the metaphor of becoming “fishers of men” speak to our role in sharing the Gospel today? Discuss the practical ways we can embody this call in our daily lives.
- Reflect on the importance of community and teamwork in the context of fishing for men. How can we better work together within our church or group to reach out to those who are lost?
- Pastor Vannoy emphasizes the significance of Jesus’s presence and example in disciple-making. How can we more closely follow Jesus’s example in our efforts to reach others?
- Consider the statement, “Lost people matter to God.” How does this truth influence your personal priorities and actions towards those who do not yet know Jesus?
- The sermon highlights the importance of being intentional and purposeful in reaching out to the lost. Share a personal goal or action step you can take to be more intentional in your own outreach efforts.