Has Jesus Been Reimagined By Our Culture?
In this thought-provoking sermon, Discovery Fellowship Church elder Jim Wichelman confronts the tendency of our culture to reshape and redefine who Jesus is. He examines Jesus’ statement “I am the true vine” and explains the rich biblical imagery behind it.
Wichelman warns against following a “reimagined Jesus” that departs from scripture, stressing the eternal importance of remaining connected to the real Jesus described in the Bible. Through study of John 15, he unpacks what it means to abide in Christ as branches connected to the vine.
You’ll be challenged to evaluate your own relationship with Jesus. Are you remaining deeply rooted in him and bearing fruit? Or have cultural trends caused you to drift from truly knowing Christ? This teaching will ground you again in who Jesus claimed to be – the divine Messiah, Savior and Lord.
- Why is it important to have an accurate understanding of who Jesus is?
- What does Jesus mean when he says “I am the true vine”?
- What is the difference between those who remain in Jesus versus those who don’t?
- How can abiding in Christ lead to a fruitful life?
- What qualifies Jesus’ promise that if we remain in him, we can ask anything according to his will?